Here are some things you can do to keep your child safe and prevent Poisoning
1) Make an effort to know all the harmful items in your house and ensure they are clearly labelled and out of reach of your
2) Put locks on cupboards and drawers where you keep dangerous items.Don’t put items in an unlocked cupboard or box, even
if it is high up because your walking child might be able to climb on a chair to reach the cupboards.
3) Don’t rely on child-resistant containers. They aren’t childproof. No bottle top can be made so safe that it’s impossible
for a child to get it off. There has been cases of two-year-olds breaking into a pill bottle.
4) . Write yourself a note instead of leaving your medicines in a room as a reminder to take them
5) Don’t carry medicines in your pocket or handbag.
6) Don’t allow your child to play with empty medicine containers. He may be teaching himself how to open the child-
7) Always keep medicines, pesticides,cleaning products and other harmful products in their original containers. Never put
them in containers that were once used for food and drink, as your child may mistake it for something he can eat or drink.
8) Never pretend that any sort of medicine is a sweet. Even if you are trying to get him to take it.Your child might help
himself when you are not watching or absent.
9) Your child learns by imitation, so take your own medicine when he isn’t watching.
10) Rinse out old medicine or cosmetic containers and throw them away safely.
11) When you’re staying in someone else’s house on holidays,make a note of where medicines and other dangerous substances
are. Not everyone’s house is organised with crawling babies and curious toddlers in mind.
12) Keep guests bags out of reach because most often contain painkillers and other medicines.
Please Feel Free To Leave A Comment Below…