A little update on getting your child sleep. Although there are different methods to this but you can sure make use of these few tips.
HOW TO GET YOUR CHILD TO SLEEP.
1. Don’t feed your child large meals close to bedtime, and don’t give anything which contains caffeine less than six hours before bedtime.
2) Avoid any physical activities after they have eaten dinner
3)Notify your child that bedtime is in five minutes, or give him a choice — if he/she wants to go to bed now or in five minutes?” –just do this only once.
4. Establish a consistent and relaxing bedtime routine which last between 15 and 30 minutes and ends in your child’s bedroom. Avoid scary stories. read the same favorite book every night.
5) Avoid singing or rocking your child to sleep, because if she wakes in the middle of the night she may need you to sing or rock her back to sleep. (If you have already been doing this, try to phase this behavior out gradually.) Instead, have her get used to falling asleep with a transitional object, like a favorite blanket or stuffed animal.
6) Make sure your child is comfortable. The Clothes and blankets used should not restrict movement or totally cover them.The temperature of the room shouldn’t be too warm or too cold.
7) If your child calls for you after you’ve left his room, don’t respond immediately.wait a few minutes. This gesture will remind him that he should be asleep.It will also give him the chance to soothe himself and even fall back asleep while waiting for you.
8. If your child comes out of her room after you’ve put her to bed, walk her back to her room then gently but firmly remind her that it’s bedtime and she needs to be asleep.
9) Set up a reward system. For each night your child goes to bed on time and stays there all night, she gets a star. After three stars, give her a prize.